The most effective and reliable ways to lose weight are eating healthy food and reducing calories, and becoming physically active. However, some individuals might find it difficult to implement these lifestyle changes and might consider supplements to help with weight loss.
Dietary supplements are health-related aids that are consumed by way of capsules, tablets, or bars that contain active ingredients such as vitamins, caffeine, minerals, and herbs. They can lower appetite, reduce fat, cut down on fat absorption and increase metabolism, while also providing nutrients and energy.
What are the reasons why people take supplements to aid in the purpose of weight reduction?
Supplements for weight loss are favored by many because they:
- Not as demanding as lifestyle changes
- It is available without prescription
- Most of them are made from natural ingredients and are thought as healthy
What the weight loss supplements are effective?
Weight loss supplements work by:
- Appetite is decreasing
- Inhibiting absorption of dietary fats
- Enhancing fat burning
- The speed of metabolism is increased.
Recommend reading Do Intermittent fasting help with weight Loss?
Supplements to lose weight
The most frequently used supplements for losing weight are:
- Chitosan there is not much evidence to support the efficacy of Chitosan, the fiber in the diet on the body’s weight, it is thought to decrease fat from dietary absorption by the body.
- Chromium Picolinate Chromium has been proven to increase the insulin hormone’s effects which helps transform food into fuel for energy. Chromium Picolinate supplements are believed to decrease appetite, reduce calories, boost the mass of lean muscle, and reduce body fat.
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA): Conjugated Linoleic Acid supplement contains Linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid in the form of polyunsaturated essential acid that aids in reducing body fat while also increasing the mass of your muscles. Linoleic acid can also make one feel fuller, which aids to lose weight.
- The extract of Green Tea: Caffeine and catechins in green tea are linked with weight reduction. These ingredients reduce appetite, reduce the absorption of fat, and increase the metabolism of fat and calories.
- Extract of green coffee beans: This extract contains caffeine and chlorogenic acid. Caffeine helps burn fat, which contributes to weight reduction. In contrast, chlorogenic acid helps reduce sugar absorption and the fat content in the digestive tract. It also enhances metabolic function by lowering levels of insulin.
- Protein from Whey: Whey protein powder is known to aid in the loss of fat while also preserving muscles. Protein content makes you feel full, which can reduce the desire to eat big meals or snacks regularly, which results in eating fewer calories.
- Probiotics While the data is not conclusive, probiotics have been proven to aid in losing weight by altering the gut microbiome which improves the absorption of nutrients and also increases the amount of energy expended.
Weight loss supplements don’t undergo the same scrutiny as drugs so their safety isn’t fully understood. Certain weight loss supplements could produce side effects, such as nausea or vomiting, stomach pain diarrhea, or constipation. This is why it is crucial to consult with a physician before taking any supplements to help lose weight. This is particularly important for those who have medical conditions that are pre-existing, who are taking prescription medication as well as women who are breastfeeding and pregnant.